Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stand Still

Stand Still and listen to the gentle breeze, enjoy the smell of the fresh cut grass, notice when the flowers bloom, leaves start to turn, and the air turns crisp. 

Stand Still and look your husband/wife in the eyes and say more than just I love you.  Say, "I adore you."  Say, "I'd move mountains for you."  Say it so he/she believes it. 

Stand Still and let your children run circles around you
Stand Still and enjoy the smile of your grandparents
Stand Still and take in every moment
Stand Still and believe that God is in every moment.  Take the time to really feel Him. 

Way too often we are busy with the hustle and bustle of life...get here, go there, do this, do that....the list goes on and on and on and on...

I have learned the hard way that the ONLY way to get "it" to get the "balance" we all are so desperatly running around trying to find, is to Stand Still and seize every moment to tell, no, to SHOW your loved ones how much you love them.  To show your children what a good person is.  To Be the best mommy, wife, daughter, friend, sister....just STOP and Stand Still, because Time waits for no one.

I will miss you, my children will miss you, our mother misses you, your husband misses you, our father misses you, our brother misses you, and your SON misses you.

Life has forever changed, "normal" is different.

I vow to Stand Still and not miss anyone anymore...I will teach my children about you, I will remind your son about you, I will love your future grandchildren like my own.  I am a pitful replacement, but you would do it for me...so rise to the occasion, I will...

I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment